Saturday, August 18, 2007

Misery of An Avoirdupois

People are reading you bloggy. Not sardonically, they are reading you. I don't know why, but they really are. It's kinda weird.

---------------------------

Classes today were still suspended. The good thing about this one is that it's actually raining, unlike yesterday, which truly lacked the enough precipitation to let you feel that classes are REALLY suspended. Otherwise, it just felt like an ordinary weekend day. Very bland, if I may say so.

And I still don't know why I'm talking about the most useless topic of them all; WEATHER. It's probably a sign that I should stop staring out of the window and hoping to see someone, or something, absurd. I should look at the mirror instead.

---------------------------

After finishing 20 Cantos in Dante Alighieri's epic Inferno, I've finally pondered on the topic that's been so versatile ever since Adam and Eve died; DEATH.

Death puts an end in everything.

Death is the ultimate period for any long sentence.

And apparently, death is something I'm not afraid of. Ever since the alleviation of my suicidal and depression stage, death became a joke for me. It's not something that I should think of, or should get ready to. Death now just becomes a word; a word that will never ever haunt my dreams again.

I remember that one time when I dreamt that I died because of my acute viral nasopharyngitis, which seems very unlikely because I've never heard anyone who died because of the common cold. I was a 5th grader by then, and God knows why I dreamt of such. I told my mom, then she told me to bite a wood or something. I dunno why, really. I told you mom can be so weird.

And yeah, the bottom line is...DEATH is nothing.

Seriously. It's just a joke.

----------------------


Do you know what I fervently miss?

Elementary crushes. WOOO.

I miss how I would go and act like a normal girl towards my friends and other classmates, and all of a sudden become this tomboy who would show an expression that's a cross between a smirk and a grin. Yes, a smrin.

I only had one crush for that whole 6 years in grade school. For as long as I can remember, his name was Alejandro. He became my classmate at the climax of my elementary education; 4th grade. It was in 4th grade that my inner state of being a nerd was manumitted. It was in 4th grade that I conquered the top of the world. It was in 4th grade that I became the person I want to be now.

Anyways, it was also in 4th grade that a sort of 'dramafest' was concluded in our school. And with such plays hanging around our noses, I was always picked as the female protagonist. You know..the mother of the child who'll be killed...the heroine..same old girly shiznits. And Alejandro would always be MY male protagonist.

And all of it was history.

I still believe that Alejandro's a sexy name, and he will be my TRUE LOVE.

HA. Yeah right.

No comments: