Thursday, August 02, 2007

Intensifying Amour Propre

Now I know what I really loathe.

STUPID PIRATED CD'S OF SOFTWARES THAT I ABSOLUTELY NEED.

I used to adore it though, like a year ago. Actually, all of my PC softwares are pirated, except for Windows per se. You know how Billie-oh-dearie hates it when his system is not original.

I went to a local plaza lately to supposedly buy a pirated DVD copy of Apocalypto, for it is one of those included in our English test tomorrow. But thank the Muslim-owned stalls for I didn't find a single copy. Instead, I just ended up buying a DVD of Evan Almighty.

And this DVD-ROM filled with Macromedia softwares that I truly need to develop my flash programming and video-producing skills. At first, I was just turned on by the fact that the seller isn't one bit of a Muslim. He looks like a hot guy from a Koreanovela that I've been addicted to last year. And UGH he's so hot. I can't believe I'm morphing into a heterosexual again.

Anyway, I bought the CD for 150 pesos. It is, in my opinion, very expensive. But thank my mom for raising my allowance by a hundred percentile. I bought the thing the minute I saw it. No questions asked.

And so, I went home excitedly. Well duh. I acted like this little kid with a new Transformers action figure that is packed tightly with hundreds of Yale padlocks. Right after paying the tricycle driver and watching a bit of this new telenevola about an ex-housemate JUST to piss the hell out of me, I hastily jammed the CD into the DVD-ROM drive of our humongous CPU.

And, to my very very very disappointed surprise, it didn't work. The CD drive can't install the freaking softwares for reasons unknown.

I sure am one hell of an impulsive buyer.
Damn that hot vendor.

---------------------------------

English.
Filipino.
Physics.

I'm still on the look out for that reason why I'm not studying.

Maybe because the Advanced Algebra just disconcerted my truncated brain. IT ABSOLUTELY DID.
----------------------------------

The weather in this country is becoming SOOO baaaad every single minute.

I'm wondering if this dry spell would continue till Christmas.

Oh, hoop-dee-doo. Looks like Hades is enjoying every minute of this.

----------------------------------

You know what I like? This quote:

"There is no chance, no destiny, no fate, that can circumvent or hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul." - Ella Wilcox

This one's very relevant to what Mrs. Bronilla said last Tuesday during Economics class. She told us that she doesn't get the point of attending review classes nor panic reviewing for the UPCAT or any other CETs. CETs doesn't measure your ability to do this and that, but what you were able to know and garner through those 3 years of your gruesome high school life.

The point here is, if UP-Diliman's really my destiny, then I'll surely nail it.

If it's not, then there's still Ateneo or DLSU or any other schools that's in my circle of kismet.

Oh Lord. Just please do help me.

No comments: