Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Mijn Lijst van de Wens van de Verjaardag

I know. I know. My birthday's not even THAT far, but I obviously need to tell people what they should give me on my birthday. If your gift is not on the list, I'll give it to my friend Trash. We have the same birthdays, as you people don't know.

But first, let's find out why my birthday is significant.

  • Did you know that Leo Blair, Tony Blair's son, shares the same birthday with me? He's 9 years younger than me though. Just do the math.
  • Did you know that Cher and I share the same birthday? God, that's so cool. NOOT.
  • Dis you know that President Abraham Lincoln signed the Homestead Act into a law on my birthday? I bet you guys actually know this. Homestead.....uh, yeah. It's that act about that land given to the American West.
And now, the birthday list proper.

  1. I want to have this relationship with my love to last forever.
  2. I want people to be less judgmental and stuff.
  3. I want to be smarter.
  4. I want to leave this stench-driven country for good. I want to live in Palau, Micronesia instead.
  5. I want to be skinny.
  6. I want to have more friends with the likes of Monica, Kyla, and Charlene.
  7. I want to be less repressed and more contumacious.
  8. I want a new cellphone. But dad says I can't, since iPhone hasn't hit the Asian racks yet. Damn. I still have to wait for Father Christmas. Ugh.
  9. I want to smoke.
  10. I want something that people can be insecure of.
  11. I want a new laptop.
  12. I want a new PSP.
  13. I want a Nike Core bag for my half-dead Mac.
  14. I want a new, Vista-Powered PC. Not that I like Windows now or something.
  15. I want to dissect my shih tzu pet. Seriously.
It may seem that most of the stuffs in the list is not really part of reality, but still.

-------------------------------

I'm currently reading Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult.

It's sooo tragic. Reminds me of that Virginia Tech Massacre.

I haven't reached the half of it yet, but I've learned a lot of things already, like..

-Bad things keep happening because they are the only way that will remind us of what good things really are.

-In order to have happiness, you either have to improve reality, or lower your expectations.

So maybe these aren't really a lot, but they have already changed my perspective in life.

Try and read it. It's not as whimsy-flimsy as Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.

No comments: