Thursday, April 13, 2006

Maundy Thursday Blues

I went to Tagaytay this morning. And I'm not really happy to talk about it.

My mom said yesterday that we will be visita de iglesia-ing tomorrow for Lent. AND I COULDN' BE MORE HAPPIER ABOUT IT. Yes. I'm serious. I'm itching to get out of my jungle called home. Just so you know, I've dislocated my heart in my own home. So don't like even mention the "Home is where the heart is" saying to me.

In fact, I don't even have a single clue about what we're doing. For me, it's just an oppurtunity to go somewhere aside from my room, the computer place, the kitchen, and the washroom.

But oh-my-gosh. I didn't know that THAT certain activity involves going to 14 churches and praying into them( or in even some worze cases, you even go through the stations of the cross-but I'm lucky my mom was not in the mood for stations of the cross-ing.).

But of course. Really normal grandparents and parent would tell you beforehand what the hell visita de iglesia means, and then you can make a decision to just quit and stay in the jungle you're pretty much used to.

The elders like told me that we need to get into 14 churches when we are in the Pink Sisters' convent. And how many churches we've been to before that Pink Sister thingy? 4. yes. i knoww.

But even if I'm complaining about it, I secretly enjoyed it. Why? I dunno. Everytime we stopped into a church, there was this humongous feeling I have. Like, opening a present or something. And what was that feeling again? Yes. Total Excitement. I enjoyed talking to Jesus 14 times. Now that was something.

Oh, even if we all grew tired from all of it, all of us got to have an eating extravaganza at Jolibee. My mom was planning to eat at deli' france or pizza hut, but ALL of us complained that it will take too much time. But then again, why didn't we just eat at some fancy restaurant there at Tagaytay and not on a Petron Gas Station stopover? Hmm. dunno. God's will, I'm tellin ya.

Thinking that meat is not allowed today, I ordered the Bangus Belly I was cravin for. And what did they order? Fried Chickens. A bucket of them. I stared in dismay at my sister who was pinching a part of her crispy fried chicken and motioning to dip it in the tasty-looking gravy. Oh God. I seriously want to snatch it from her stubby hands and eat it full-heartedly. But I refused. In fact, I should be thankful that my mom was hungry too, because if she weren't, we'll have to suffer hearing everyone's growling stomach until we get to Manila or something.

I swear I'm feeling really Holy. Maybe I'm really a MIM(Madre-in the-making). Oh please, Lord...wag sana... I gots to go to mass. i gots to go to mass...

No comments: