Thursday, November 29, 2007

30 Minutes of Fame

Alright. Make that an hour and five minutes. But you have to add the part where I danced that notorious papaya dance Mr. Manzano have made famous through his game show. God. That literary portal made me realize that my body is hungry for some groovin'. Damn.

We presented that 5-minute skit for 7 times. I thought all of it was so fucking good. Congratulations to my classmates, especially the props team who worked haphazardly every single minute. We deserve a perfect score for this one. We all do. Or maybe because I'm hardcorely egotistical about our literary portal. 4-2 deserves a perfect score, I deserve to die ghastly.

Now let's talk about that
el estúpido uno contra cincuenta game we had at school. Sure. Yesterday was indeed a happy day. I got a high GSA, as indicated by my NCAE result. We weren't able to have that Physics quiz about Mr. Newton's laws because our batch is the audience for the juniors' speech choir. And yeah, due to unexpected predicaments, yours truly was picked as that lucky person to complete the panel who will help the players who will serve as the 'one', hence the name.

So maybe I was a bit unfair. Or I don't know, maybe REALLY unfair. Nobody voted for me. I was just...picked. I realized a while ago how that time when I was laughing my ass out with the two other DOH's turned out to be the most excruciating time of my life (more chastening than that time when I was having hard time excreting my shit out, because I ate 2 packs of Happy peanuts in one seating. With my celebratory beer, of course.). My conscience is still bugging me right now, actually. Add my menstrual cramps, and ahh! Now I give you a preview of hell.

I'm sorry for being so..conceited.

I will never ever ever join academic contests or game shows again. Dumbasses just can't procure any fame.

---------------------

I think I'm going to fail Physics. Not that I'm showing my humble side after my day-long display of complete arrogance, but because as of this writing, I haven't hustled a perfect-scored quiz.

I hate motions.

Can we go back to electrostatics again? I miss George Ohm, and his cute omega symbol. I miss drawing schematic diagrams of circuits. I miss talking about electric potential energy.

I miss getting unbelievably high quiz scores. I remember getting an astonishing 19 over 15 in that last quiz in Physics last quarter. And with that, 10 points was added to my previous grade in my report card. Woah. I'm still far-fetched right now.

And now, I can't even perfect a single quiz.

Note to self:
Lorainne, you are not losing it. Someone is just distracting you, really. Maybe it's your alter ego. Or your manic depression. Whatever that stupid distraction is, remember to wash your undergarments. Your mom will be all hysterical again if you don't.

------------------

NCAE result time.

I'm glad that I made the right choice in choosing my course for my tertiary education. In my occupational field of interest, it clearly showed that I have the capability (and hots, evidently) for investigative (physicists, physicians, analyst, blah blah), and for mechanical (engineering, male jobs. The latter part is not a green joke or whatsoever, pervert. I am so talking to myself right now.)

I destroyed my stupid dream of becoming a doctor, more specifically a damn neurologist, a few months ago when I learned that I will have another brother. Ugh. Watching House MD makes me want to pursue Biology as my premed course, and go to that new Ateneo med school near The Medical City after. Yeah, what a stupid idea. Base your future on Gregory House's stupendous medical expertise, and you can also might as well work on Princeton-Plainsboro too.

I don't know why, but I'm having this weird feeling that I'm not going to end up as an Engineer. My heart doesn't want the abbreviation/title Engr. before my name. It wants a god-diggity-damn Dr. instead. It doesn't want me to end up working for a telecommunications company. It wants me to work in a prominent medical institution where I can tinker people's cerebral cortexes and malpratice or whatever.

Who the hell even follows the heart anyway?

I am going to be an engineer. Oh yes I will. You just wait for 5 years.

----------------------

You know what else is a wonder? I can easily write a 1000-word shit here in this blog, but I just can't write an essay about my country with the same number of words on MS Word.

Oh, and get this. I'm deferring my entry to that essay-writing contest by Manila Times. I believe that writing about what would it take for my country to develop is the most hypocritic thing I'm doing. And obviously I have to stop, because being a hypocrite and an introvert at the same time will drive people away from me. Ok, so maybe I would somehow fancy the latter idea. I will stick to my introverted belief.

So to speak, I will not join that contest anymore. I'm no journalist, essayist, or whatsoever. I can't write stuffs about anything that doesn't include myself. That's how cocky I can get.

----------------------

This blog entry is so long.

But I just can't stop blabbing. Someone just please shut me up.

----------------------

Ha. It took me roughly 2 hours just to complete this freakin' entry. Blame it on television shows.

So yes. I'm shutting up now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

Lorainne said...

oh for the love of ---