Sunday, October 14, 2007

Faux Pas

I cannot contain myself.

All of you just have to laugh at the same thing I was laughing so hard at a while ago.

Out of boredom and refusal to study for my dlsu-cet, I dared myself to act all stupid and idiotic and IM a random person on my YM list, and ask a (what else) random question that'll surely test them to death. The question I thought of was neither that of Physics-related, nor even a question that has a high possibility of showing up at any CET or whatsoever test one may take up in the duration of his/her life.

And so:

Me: What is the meaning of RSVP anyway?
Friend(or I assumed he was to me before he answered): Weh!
Me: Ano nga? Di ko nga kase alam di ba
Friend: tumigil ka nga! alam naman nating lahat na ang rsvp ay reservoir s'il vous plait, no! nagtatanga-tangahan pa to! ulul!


Talk about extreme faux pas. Tank please? WTF.

And just so dumbasses would know, what he said is not even close to what RSVP really means. And for the love of God, that's why we have Babel Fish for. Systran is giving us a chance to pretend like we're all linguists, and/or to avoid f-ing language errors or whatnot.

And no, I'm not trying to be mean or whatever. I AM mean. I don't need to try.

No comments: