Sunday, February 10, 2008

Thesis Defense. Oh Joy.

Cramming for the powerpoint presentation for our thesis defense never felt so fucking good. As I click that exit icon on the upper right corner of Microsoft Powerpoint, I knew for sure that this will surely be the last time I'll be using the powerpoint for my senior year. Way to go, Lorainne. That's like, a one step for immaturity, and two steps for sentimentality. Just what you need for your thesis defense tomorrow.

The fact that we will be finally defending the fruit of my sleepless nights for a couple of nights is so exhilarating, it hasn't sinked in yet. So what the hell are we actually gonna do tomorrow anyway? I have been researching for videos of high school students being grilled by their panel at their respective thesis defenses, and I haven't been successful since the minute I typed 'high school thesis defense' in that infamous YouTube search bar. Oh just read between the friggin' lines: I don't know what the hell a thesis defense is.

I think it's just some sort of a reporting shit, where you blab and blab and blah blah blah about your damn study. Probably the only difference of this one to the other reportings I've done before is I'm way more classy with the clothes (corporate, duh) this time. And there's probably some extra-grilling, which I think I will not enjoy. I remember this one time during my freshmen year in high school when I actually considered to join the debate club, because I think I'm that good at defending stuffs, apparently because of the pseudo-hoax that I can always find a loophole through any problem.

Well..where the hell is it now?

I just wish that God would remember her prodigal daughter for once, and give back gifts she'd thrown away because she thought she doesn't need any of those. Like that handout about the Fundamental Counting Principle she got from review classes, and that love letter her first love gave to her. Oh screw the latter. I think the dog ate it anyway. And yeah, give her back that debating gift thingy. She apparently needs it tomorrow.

Good Luck to me. And my groups, too. And all the other groups who'll be having their thesis havocs tomorrow.

The drink's on me when all of this will finally end. I betcha.

No comments: