Friday, February 29, 2008

Lucky Leap Day

In Nadia Wheatley's Lucy in the Leap Year, Lucy had this belief that there's something magical with February 29; the year's extra day. Leap Day isn't really much of a biggie to me ever since I was a kid. I mean, God, it's just a fucking day anyway. It's not like Jesus will appear in front of me or something. If things go that way, then yeah, Leap Day would probably be a biggie.

Last night I found out that dad will not be able to go to my graduation day two weeks from now. Actually, I would like to express how bad I'm feeling about it, but sadly the word that would sum it all up isn't discovered yet. Maybe some other time. Or never, because I doubt that anyone would give a damn anyway.

So yeah, I went to school today with puffy eyes and wet face - fresh from the crying shiznit I did in the car on my way to school. But amidst all that, my mind still wants to think that this day is gonna be my luckiest day ever, as far as Lucy's concerned. It's gonna be my last real school day anyway, so I crossed my fingers, trying to make unclear ends meet with my 'lucky day' juxtaposition.

But I guess I'm too evil to get a taste of luck.

This all happened TODAY:

1. I didn't get to study because I kept crying the night before.
2. I had puffy eyes for the rest of the day.
3. I received our thesis, and yeah, we had the lowest score ever.
4. I came down at the slope 12pm, wondering where the hell is my school bus.
5. I knew it, I so knew it. The bus left me.
6. I didn't have any money with me, so commuting was out of the picture. Unless I begged to people or something, which I evidently cannot do because somehow, I still have some pride left with me.
7. I saw our car going up the school. God, I was ecstatic as hell. I chased it up till I reach the parking area, and for reasons I don't know, the car was gone. How the hell could mom drive through our school? That would be so imbecile.
8. I cried upon knowing that my mom's gone, because that alone means that I have to wait for the next trip of the bus, which will not happen until 4 hours after.
9. I waited for four friggin hours.

The list would be extra-cool if it contained 10 misfortunes. I'll try harder to be more unlucky next time.

Screw Lucy. Leap Days suck. That's probably the reason why they only exist every 4 years.

------------------------

SCHOOL'S SO OUT.

Well, not really. We have to go to school for the graduation practices, which I think is a waste of time. I've read a pile of books that's in a high school setting, and they never mentioned once that they have to rehearse for it. It's a special special special day. You don't practice something on your special day, don't you? I don't practice stuffs on my birthday, and I know a lot of people who doesn't, too.

Fairly stupid.

Anyways, the rally that's going on right now seems to be tasty. I knew I should've joined.

Sort of.

No comments: