Friday, February 01, 2008

Bronchial What?

Today I proved the fact that you can walk a mile even if you forgot your inhaler in your classroom. You just have to start to loathe a close friend, then clear everything out of your mind. Well at least in my case that's exactly what happened a while ago.

This day is, actually, the most fortunate day of the week. It started out NOT fine (with finding out that we were only able to get 25% of our total population for our thesis, and my disturbing tubercolosis-level cough), but thanks to the 4-percentile margin of error and my Physics teacher's sweet 'yes' to the question that has been crawling around my neck ever since that day I did not pass the ACET(Miss, will you please make me a letter of appeal?), this day can actually be superb in more ways than one.

So yeah, right after last period, I hurried off out of the school to get home quickly. I found the bus, chit-chatted with Ira for quite some time, then figured out that my close friend would probably go down too to leave her things or something. And so, I got off the bus again with - get this - nothing in my mind. Nothing, as in blank, except for this kept hatred hidden in my pituitary glands.

I went down the slope near Brent International School, turned left..and that's probably when I stopped thinking about how much I hate my life right now. The next thing I knew, I was already in front of Tiendesitas, breathing very heavily and hailing 2-3 cabs per minute. I swear I was surprised myself when I saw this huge cemented wall beside me. And this big highway in front of me connecting Pasig and Quezon City. And a lot of cars. And gigantic Optimus Prime-like trucks.

Boy, was I drunk? Did that melon juice entered my adrenal glands again? Jesus.

When a taxi who was kind enough to stop and let me in came, I hurriedly went inside. I can feel my limbs giving up, and my heart exploding. It's like I want to cry so loud, because I cannot understand myself. The stupid driver kept looking at me, which is a bad thing, actually. I cannot let out my dramatic alter ego because of his dumb stares. So yeah, instead of thinking how the hell was I able to cover almost half of c-5 just by walking and how I find the driver ultimately disturbing, I thought of worst case scenarios instead:

-Be caught commuting by a nun
-Be caught commuting by a teacher
-Be caught commuting by a teacher I know
-Be caught commuting by The Boy
-Be caught commuting by that friend I'm trying so hard to run away from
-Be caught commuting by mom
-Be caught commuting by a friend of my mom
-Be caught commuting by a friend
-Be caught commuting by a classmate
-Be caught commuting by the school bus driver

I nervously laughed it off, actually. I mean, these are very unlikely to happen anyway. And when it does, I can always conceal myself using a paper and a rubber band; just tie the paper around with the rubber face, and voila! They won't really know me unless they have x-ray powers or something like that.

Finally, the cab dropped me off in that area where I would usually ride a tricycle that would take me home. I hastily went in, and just when the driver was starting his to move, I saw a very familiar vehicle heading towards the same direction as we were.

Oh my friggin' God.

It's the fucking school bus. How the hell were they able to catch up?

That whole moment where the bus is just beside the tricycle and I was hiding behind my nifty backpack turned out to be very excruciating. Nonetheless, it was one hell of an experience. My heart almost busted out because of excitement. It's like reading an R.L Stine book with that dumb Choose Your Adventure theme; you won't really have a damn idea what will happen next.

And you know what? All of that shit I went through made me realize that I can be so friggin' selfish and insensitive. I cannot defend my own side, because all of those are immaturely non-sequitur. I just made up reasons so as to get mad at somebody who's keeping me stressed for the past few weeks. I've been very disturbed lately and all I can do is let everyone know it.

Even you, bloggy.

So yeah. I'm sorry, but that's just how I am these days. If I'm disappointed, then I'm disappointed. I won't pretend anymore that I'm in favor of how things are going, because that'll be improper.

No comments: