Thursday, September 06, 2007

Oh-so Sweet Day

We did nothing all day yesterday. We had no subjects, and we nonetheless dozed the day off. Well, factually speaking, that only occurred for two hours. Two. Sweet. Hours. Plus the travel time from our short field trip to my school's convent in Antipolo. But technically speaking, it was, indeed, for the wholeee day. If I didn't have my GIFT class, yesterday would have been the sweetest school day ever made by God.

For the morning part, we went to that ever-famous convent. It was okay, I guess. As someone who doesn't like silent places that is moronically deafening, I hated every minute of it. It makes me wonder why how walking around a museum that explains my school's history drained every last drop of my stored energy. Weird. I guess boredom really kills. I'm a product of it, obviously.

On the way home, we tried to convince the bus driver to stop the bus over at a McDonald's branch because the trip to the convent magically drank ever last drop of our precious energy.

US: Manong! Hostage na po talaga to! Di na kami nagbibiro! Kapag di nyo po ihinto ang bus sa Mcdo papasabugin po tong bus! Dali na po! Ililibre po naman namin kayo ng Friend Fries eh! Please Manong!

That's how desperate we were. But ugh. We failed to taunt the bus driver so badly that we just ate at the school canteen anyway. That sure did suck.

And let's just say that we got to watch the Cultural Show with the freshmen and sophomores in the afternoon, making our Wednesday afternoon that is usually filled with discussions about electrical energy anything but Physics-less. God. Was that the sweetest thing, or what? I mean, no double period on Physics is waay better than an Haagen-Dazs Belgian Chocolate ice cream. But the non-existent of electives is the best of them all. No questions askes, zai jan.

After that, I went to my swimming GIFT class.

There is something really weird with sunny afternoons. It just makes you want to sleep until you die, but on the other hand you can't because it's just so freakin' hot, so to speak. At the very least, that's what I felt yesterday afternoon.

4x25 for each stroke almost killed me. Breaststroke was fun, as usual. It's just so...relaxing. The kind that just makes you want to do the inverse of the dead man's float and bathe under the sun till your eyes burn out. Sweet.

I got darker. or tanner. or whatever.

------------------------

Tomorrow's the big day.

The day I will stop being such a hypocrite and..

QUIT PAULIWORLD.

It is rhetorically funny in a serious note. Well, why? I haven't made a single article yet, and here I am, proving to the cyberworld that I am, indeed, a wuss.

What have they got to lose if I walked out of the biggest break of my high school life anyway? I mean, I don't write anywhere near good.

Or serious.

Conclusion:

I therefore conclude that I am quitting the school paper* because:

-I don't think that I'm much of a serious writer
-I'm very much intimidated by those serious editors
-If there's one thing that I absolutely and infinitely suck at, that's being SERIOUS.

If I would then therefore continue my job as a writer for the 2nd Best Campus Journalism Newspaper in the Philippines(or whatever. I think they got that trademarked or something), I can just imagine my news article right now.

We Won
By: Lorainne Paragas
p. 1111111111111111111

Yay. We won. We absolutely did. I can't believe it. I mean, I was just exhaling out carbon dioxide a while ago, and the next thing I knew, we won. We really did. We SO did. I know, right? We really did. I can't believe it too.

Wtf.

So yeah. Goodbye Pauliworld it is, huh?

(I'm just joking about really quitting the school paper. I'm still bemused, though.)

No comments: