Sunday, September 30, 2007

Enrique Achilles

Mom gave birth to my last baby brother last Tuesday. Pictures will be posted when Baby Achilles is old enough to be blackmailed and sabotaged. And surely by that time, this blog will become my sole source of income, for I fear that I will die as a hardcore spinster.

-------------

Submitting my application form for DLSU-Manila is, by far, the most tedious thing I have encountered EVER. I've never done so much work and effort for my collegiate education like I did for my DLSU Application Form.

Last Tuesday, I decided to skip my afternoon class so that I can submit my application form for the aforementioned school 3 days ahead of the scheduled deadline. True enough, I was already prepared to hand it in to the Admissions Office of DLSU-Manila a month ago. But evidently, it was awfully delayed because of the suckiness of my school(see THAT WAS CLOSE post for proof).

And so, I arrived at DLSU at exactly 1:19PM, and as the guard handed me this paper with the number 59 typewritten well on it, I knew for sure that I am in for a guh-reat test of patience, since there 58 people before me that has the same purpose as I do. It was not much of a deal anyway, since the Br. Andrew Gonzalez Hall lobby is the nicest college building I've been into. You can thank the natural cold atmosphere there. Yes, you heard it right. There was no sign of gushing cold air going out of that usual big machine. I liked it.

And when that time my number was called, I raced to the admissions office as fast as I can so I can go home already and revise the two chapters of our thesis. As I handed out my application, the lady said.."Sorry po, hindi namin ma-poprocess tong application form nyo. NSO birth certificate lang po kase tinatanggap namin eh. Sa friday pa naman po ang deadline eh."

Let's just save my rage for that for another day. The important thing now is that I was able to pass it, and I'm gladly going to take the DLSU-CET on my brother's birthday, October 14, which totally sucks, if you ask me.

---------------------

I'm getting the impression that I'm missing out the fun of high school. I don't know why, but I'm being such an old lady again.

GIST: I'm still nicotine free. For Christ's sake, I'm going to graduate in a couple of months. Is alcohol the only bad thing I'm susceptible of doing so?

---------------------

After years and years of pretending that I will never ever go to "the Areeney-oh" for my collegiate education, I'm finally coming out clean. Much to my repugnance, Ateneo is actually my first choice now.

Sourgraping for something important is actually the ultimate guilt-trip. Not only would it make you a hardcore hypocrite, but hence it would also make you realize what the hell you are really missing. Take my state of being suicidal for example. I'm making people believe that life per se doesn't mean a thing to me, but then again, I would do everything to save my life. What a weirdo.

And yeah. I guess Ateneo is where I want to go for college right now. The environment outside DLSU-Manila made me think twice about AdMU. No, really. I guess LRT stations and narrow driveways are enough to turn me off.

------------------

Out of some goddamn boredom, I posted this uber-senseless shit. Forgive me for doing so, but I'm in a constant denial at meeting my deadlines in school. Mind you, I still have a methodology for our f*cking thesis to do. And God knows why I'm doing this instead.

For Patti Dela Concepcion:

After few weeks of pondering on what the hell is a 'gift of gab', I finally got hold of a perfect time to research for it. Turns out that the 'gift of gab' is merely an idiom, and it means that If someone has the aforementioned gift, they speak in a persuasive and interesting way.(UsingEnglish.com)

Strangely enough, this is still not capable of flattering me.

-----------------

I wrote this one during the regime of periscope and lab rep's-making. Cheesy enough, it was written in my friendster blog, which I think is beyond cheesiness.

Ooooh.

I can't figure this one out. No, really.

If you would actually think of it, I haven't learned anything from my past cramming moments and procrastination.

Let's go back to the past once more..

Great Cramming Moments and Procrastinations of Yours Truly

1. Last year's Geometry Project
2. Last year's LAB REPORTS
3. Last year's Filipino Editorials and Feature Articles
4. Last year's History collection of pictures for the video production
5. Last year's History VIDEO PRODUCTION, the most gruesome and crucial of all projects YET
6. CL Scrapbook

and nooww, presenting another addition to the long and fervent list..

MY PHYSICS LAB REPORT.

Damn Optics. I don't get the reason why we have to make a periscope anyway. God, who would even use a periscope in this contemporary era. That's what wiretapping is for, people from the Renaissance.

I'm constantly refusing to finish off my laboratory thinga-majig.

I never loathed my subject of great interest THIS MUCH. Good Lord. UPCAT drove my sanity away. No, let me rephrase that. UPCAT and the previous Advanced Algebra Exam drove my sanity to far, far, away land with Shrek and Fiona's kingdom of heirloom.

But Lorainne, look at the bright side.

I was ergo able to finish off my comparative analysis yesterday, diminishing the fact that I slept at 12am already.

And DUH-UH. Because of the aforementioned above, I'm now sorta relaxing with my Physics labrep.

God have mercy on us all.

[X}-UPCAT
[ ]-ACET
[ ]-DLSU-CET
[ }-USTET
[ ]-MAPUA

one down, four more fatalities to go through.

I wish the calendar-makers would be so gentle to our kind and skip february of next year. By then, we would not only know our UPCAT fate, but we would have also prevented our chances of defending our theses and taking our last periodical examination for the rest of our high school lives.

Nah. I wish.

------------------

WTF. Skip that Christmas list. What the world needs is a smack in the head, not an earthling who is making quite a big deal about what she wants for Christmas.

No comments: