Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Pucker up

Grandma and Grandpa did their same old thing again every Sunday. As usual, they ate with us downstairs, and brought with them godsend foods. If I hadn't slipped the time and venue of my UPCAT, then they would have just talked to my mom about Achilles, my baby brother that is still in my mother's womb. Why did I even bother to tell my UPCAT information? Boy, I sure am one chatterbox.

They scolded me after telling them my first choices for courses for those schools that I've entered into.
"Bakit ka mag-eengineering, anak? Bakit di ka na lang mag-accounting, o psychology? O mass communications man lang? Magaling ka naman makipag-usap sa mga tao eh! Anak naman!"

Imagine your grandmother shouting that to your face for a hefty 10 minutes. Worst case scenario: repeat that line from the moment you wake up, and try to stop it from repeating. Trust me, it wouldn't work. It's much worse than a broken record, as I see it.

I SERIOUSLY don't get it why they want me to take up girly-girl courses. Am I someone whom you guys would imagine that would be in an office wearing office clothes? Am I EVEN someone who likes talking about money, and chit-chat about producers and resources all over again in a conference room with my big-rollah laptop by which it is connected to a projector that is presenting a powerpoint presentation made by my professional expertise I was able to garner through my college education? GAH. Typing that was the most tiring thing I've done for the last three hours. What more would it be if I WANTED to be like that? No way, corporate world.

And yeah, of course they got mad at me for choosing a course that defines masculinity in its very sense. They probably can't accept the fact that their first granddaughter is actually a boy at heart, and who will refuse to wear office uniforms for the rest of her god-forbidden life.

By which, this is becoming really bad.

----------------------------

WHAT I DID TODAY:

1. I slept for only 3 hours, because I forced myself to finish the 7th and last installment of the HP series. Don't ask me if I was able to finish it. I think I just flipped the pages one by one, at the most.

2. I forgot my weekly budget thingy for Economics, which is ultimately bad, because I think Ms. Penyaflor is getting pissed off at me already. For the second time, I think. The first one was when I forgot to clean up our recycled papers box.
Ms. P: "Sino EFC chair nyo? *picking up a fork(Don't even ask me how the utensil got itself into a box for recycled papers)*
EFC members: "Si Lorainne po!"
Ms. P: "Lorainne bakit di naka-ayos tong box nyo?"
Me: "Miss di ko po alam."
Ms. P: "Ikaw ipapasok ko dito pag di mo to inayos."

And you can probably predict what I did right after Economics class. Well, good thing it was our last period for the day. I emptied the contents of the box right away and ugh, I felt sooo disintegrated after doing so.

3. This day quasi-revolved around a classmate, whom we think is beyond overconfidence. She's really really pissing me off, at the very least.

4. My elective sucks. No, really. It does. I don't even get it why I even considered taking up a language which I think will have the most few impact on my life.

5. I was sober for the rest of the day. Because of.

For the record, school is driving me sane. Not insane, but sane. But even if it is doing such, I'm still bored with school. Don't get me wrong, but it's not because I think that all the subjects are helluva easy for me; it's because I need something new to do at school. I'm tired of reading El Filibusterismo, solving for quadratic functions using God-knows-how-many ways, sleeping through a decade of rosary, and swimming during GIFT time(which is very absurd, because I've only done this once yet).

We should start a rebellion, or something like Luther's Reformation or just simply anything that would make things MOOOREE than interesting.

Because everything just seems to be bland.

Even me.



No comments: