Friday, May 30, 2008

Exhale

College, by far, has been good to me.

I mean, fuck that thought I blurted out the last time that I won't really have friends because I think I'm weird. Not that I'm proclaiming that I'm not weird or anything all along, but I actually have friends now. What a wonder.

I can't really remember how my first day in college was. Half of my total time in school was spent introducing myself and catching my breath because our classes were mostly at the ninth and twelfth floor of the Bro. Andrew Gonzales Hall. Well yeah, there are elevators, but its too bad enough that there will always be this long cue of students waiting for it to hit the ground floor and take them to their respective floors. I wore silver flats that are a size bigger than the usual 11 which is surprising because that was the first time I ever wore something ostentatiously bigger than a specific part of my body. Of course, shit just have to happen always, being so damn inevitable and crap. Get this: the more sweat my stinky feet produces, the more likely those flats will just slip themselves off Big Foot's asset. By the time that we were already dismissed and I was climbing my fat ass up the stairs of the LRT station, the whole padding of each of the flats is already wet. The fingers of my feet are gripping so hard at the top part, that I swear to God that the belt design bullcrap is literally begging to be released and go on with its gripping life.

I soon as I arrived at Shangri-la Plaza, I felt how tiring and tedious this whole process of college bullshit really is. And to think that I'll be doing this for the next four freaking years? Oh man. That thought alone just makes me want to transfer to UP or some university that's nearer our residence.

But then again, I've got nobody to blame besides my low-class brain. And hey, I culled this shiznit. If my future's gonna be as bright as that ultra-bright light that represents God or some immortal being you should respect in religious movies, then this will be all worth it. And fucking hell, there's no way I can boost my GPA to a 2.0 level for UP in a year filled with nothing but engineering algebras. I know I'm dead.

-----------------------

I'm restraining myself from blabbing about the wonders of independencia de la universidad because that'll be the most freshmen thing a freshman can do aside from his/her state of being a freshman. But it's not working. I feel like some deranged guy who was imprisoned since birth and was not obviously allowed to check out malls or watch television and stuff and was suddenly allowed to go outside for his first morning piss after 50 years. Kinda like those kids in Austria who are products of horniness in the field of incest.

Mere independence is probably the main difference between college and high school. You get to do a lot of things with a group of people in high school. In contrast to college, you get do a lot of things on your own. See, that's why I love being a damn introvert. I can like, shift gears very easily that's why there's no such thing as a transitiion period between high school and college in my God-forsaken life. I'm guessing that college will hone my introverting skills yet again. No friends and social life, here I come! (Now that's sarcasma for you, you, and you.)

Take our ENGLCOM class for an example. We are actually allowed to bring our iPods during writing sessions. That's the neatest thing I've heard of since that time my Algebra teacher allowed us to eat rice and viand in class. And our ENGTRIG (Trigonometry) class is so cool too. Our teacher doesn't give a fuck about attendance, and we can eat stuffs in his class.

I know I'm acting like a dope right now, but who the hell cares. College is beginning to be fun, and I hope it will still be after a couple of months. HOPE.


No comments: