Sunday, June 01, 2008

Oh Quit It

Omigod. My grandparents are at it again.

I know I posted something with the same banana almost a year ago when the college-slash-course issue was still raging hot and I was still yet to finish some chapter of a thesis. But my eyes are really getting heavier and heavier by the minute that lethargy is kicking my head like hell. I'm too sleepy to do some back-reading, dammit. It seems like only yesterday that I'm begging God for an afternoon melatonin shower because my whole system was exorbitantly restless and ironic as it seemed to be, it constantly refused to sleep and/or to rest. And now I have lots of sleeping potion. Now that I don't really need it.

Anyways, yesiree my grandparents are yet again scrutinizing my course of choice, saying that it's too damn manly and all. And they still don't get it. I've already had two Mondays with friggin' three hours of Algebra in the afternoon and for Christ's sake, they still don't get it. And there is no way that I'll explain the whole engineering thing, like, again. I'm tired of blurting out to them the reason why I even bothered choosing an engineering course in a school that's kinda like in the prairie but then the prairie's not too prairish over a science course in a school that's less than thirty minutes away from home.

I mean, forget it. It's not even all about the school, it's all about the course I've chosen for my collegiate education. They're claiming that I don't have the guts to play with some computer hardware and solve mathematical bullshits. They want me to take up some course that I'll be taking for granted- Journalism, Literature, or Mass Communication and the like. I'm not saying that one should deteriorate kids who are taking up courses like those, but it's just that we have our own skills and talents that have been already honed and surely, my talent belongs in the manly section and nowhere else.

I wish they could just shut up for a while and appreciate the beauty of having me as their granddaughter. Well, yeah if you look at it, there is no damn beauty. But then again they're all depending on me to help them afford their luxuries by the time I'll graduate and consequently work. It's either they appreciate me, or nothing. Damn life.

No comments: