Wednesday, May 14, 2008

LPEP

My feet are dead. I swear. Probably because of the two-day orientation I had last Monday and Tuesday. Chuck Taylor sneakers aren't my best friends in fashion anymore. Although they look really cool because they really are in their own, they hurt my feet like hell when I walk or climb too much. The fifth fingers of both of my feet are cursing me right now - and trust me, you don't really wanna hear the exact unsoundness my fingers are making me feel. And I highly doubt it that anybody even wants to hear a foot finger bitch about her fat owner.

Anyways, let me talk about the LPEP 2k8 for my college, because I don't have anything in mind that is as interesting as this 2-day orientation.

I didn't enjoy the orientation and I'm assuring all of you that it wasn't the school's fault. I just didn't feel like waking up so early in a summer morning and ride trains one after the other and walk and walk and walk. This is gonna be my problem since in less than two weeks' time, classes for my university will start. Well yeah, I don't mind the boring mathematical lectures I'll be hearing come 26th. I'm so used to those anyway. What I mean is I don't want to wake my ass off in wee hours just to get to know people. I have 4 more upcoming years for that, please. (What a hardcore introvert)

So yeah, unlike my previous educational life that kept me from sharing personal shits about it, I'm gonna share, share, share like a rich kid to his only friend, the poor kid. Not that I'm assigning roles here or anything. Similes?

Unluckily in my block (EQ), the number of girls are exorbitantly inferior to those of the boys. There are only 6 of us with real mammary glands (and no man boobs, really.), and the rest are all frankfurters. That's 15% of the total class, landing to the girls-boys ratio of nominally 1:5, 4 girls can have 5 boys each, and 2 other girls can have 7 boys each. No repeatition, actually. That's how hardcore female shortage is at the College of Engineering.

Oh, and yeah, that's not only the hardcore part.

You see, everything is just about hardcore in this world I decided to enter. The mortality rate (40-something students out of 300-something will be the only ones to graduate on time. Normally.), the lessons (every freaking math), the people (don't even get me started on the real nerds), and the new environment. I can really feel that I'm on my own now, for Christ's sake. I go to my college in the city on my own, and I go home on my own. And sooner on, I have to make decisions on my own. Independence is a bitch.

My favorite part of the orientation was the Animo Building. Everybody does, I guess. The DLSU Pep Squad taught us stupendous cheers I'll be screaming at the upcoming UAAP season. I've been supporting the Green Archers since my freshman year in high school, and now that I've made it in their school, I'm more than excited to see MY (take note: MY) schoolmates play in the court like hell. Oh Giddy.

So yeah, that's it. I'm officially a Lasallian now.

No more regrets about that. Just like what my Advanced Algebra teacher scribbled in my last quiz ever in high school, I have a bright future ahead of me in DLSU. I'm just praying to God that I don't fuck things up or something, just what I normally do in my studies.

Animo La Salle?

Yes. Animo La Salle, finally.

--------------------------------------

No comments: