Sunday, July 23, 2006

Being Serious is Just Not Me. Well..except for my studies, that is.

After being to my last reatreat in The Prayer House, I'm still not a new and improved person just like those milk cartons that are sterilized. Instead, I'm just one of those expired goodies with tampered best before seals. Talk about foods.

The sole reason is I didin't take it really seriously. I mean, I didn't really cried in parts where you have to cry, or reflect in parts when you have to reflect. Instead, the previous retreat made me more hypocritic. Is there really a God? If there really is, why is there such thing as hell? So many questions to ask, so few people to answer those.

But I guess the retreat was fun. And no, it wasn't the food that made me jump for joy, but instead it was the activities. Surprisingly, it made me bond with my new classmates. Sure I bonded, but I still didin't learned anything from it all.

One thing that made me happy about the palancas is that people now recognize your being brainy. I mean last year, I only got those palancas saying that you're "fun to be with" or "responsible". Not a single one saying I'm smart. The verdict? Simply because I'm a whole new person this year. I've been devoted to my studies since the start of school. I study in advance, read in advance, understand in advance, and plan in advance. Everything is in advance. I guess that's the secret to fulfill your future, which is to see through it.

One sign that you're making good stuffs in school is when your teacher starts NOT forgetting your name, or when she stops calling you because it's your name her eyes got caught on ON the seat plan, or you just seemed to be the quiet person. In my first to second week of school, that's the first thing I feared; To be called to answer a question you don't have a clue about. I don't want my classmates and myself to know that I can't do a simple thing such as answering a simple question. W-w-wait...why am I even talking about this? okay. stop.

And now, there are still 2 weeks left before the 1st quarter exams. And as of my lates computations, I still need to have almost 10 % to pass my quizzes in Chem. And to my surprise, I keep getting perfect scores in Filipino, the subject I hate the most. Wow, Oyen. Magic!

Okaaay..gots to do projects and school things. See ya guys around.

No comments: