Thursday, September 25, 2008

Well, We Lost

And by We, I mean the whole Lasallian community. You can look at it on either side of the story: we lost because we're just unlucky, or we lost because being a Catholic university that we truly are, we paved Ateneo's way to championship because we've been winning a lot of times already, and we can all definitely agree that it's about friggin time that they win something. Nah, I'm not gonna expound on either theories, because that'll just attract fanboys and fangirls from both teams. I wish you can all see this prodigious effort I'm doing to conceal my unrelenting vexation towards this...this thing that's merely putting a heavy burden on my back.

Breathe in....

IcantbelievewelostohfriggingodI'vebeensupportingthegreenarchers
sincesixthgradeandnowthatIaminthesameschoolwheretheyareitjust
saddensmyassthattheyhavetoloseonmydebutyearincollegeohoh
thoseelitepeopleinthebluesideareprobablyrejoicingtheirwininsome
clubwhileweareallherestuckinanacrimonywehaveyettoescape

And, breathe out.

Do you know what's the silver lining amidst this unfortunate event?

Our players are still the hottest creatures alive. Oh, and not just hot...they're also smart. I mean, that''s the key for one's success in life, right? Being hot and smart. God, I so knew they were your descendants. I won't mind buying a bunch of Atkins standees and have them all in my room and praying at it all for five or a hundred times a day. But of course I won't forget God. He's still the standee of all standees, althought I have yet to see for myself a version of his standee.

Well, whatever.

To the Ateneo Blue Eagles,

Congratulations!

( I swear I can taste my own bitterness right now. And I'm not even a player, for Christ's sake.)

--------------------------

Okay, so there's this Essay Writing Contest whatever stint again in school, and I don't really know if I should throw in my Argumentation-Persuasion essay I made for my ENGLCOM class last term. But generally, this is the third Essay Writing Contest that God has been shoving into my face since high school, and I do believe that there's no such thing as the third time or try being the charm.

Let me give you a recap of my pusillanimous actions towards contests or chances like this where I have to spill my opining ink all over some blank paper:

  1. The Manila Times Essay Writing Contest - I was supposed to write an essay about my ideas on how this fucking country will develop, but as it sourly turned out, I deferred my entry and moped all week instead. I chickened out, because I thought my essay lacked substance and class and other whatever stuff essays need to have at that time.
  2. Economics Essay Writing Contest - I can't really remember the topic that I was supposed to elocute in a thousand-word essay, but as far as I can recall, I wasn't able to show up at the event because of my GIFT class and well...my vacuousness.
  3. Pauliworld Career - GAH.
  4. Youngblood Attempts - As of this writing, I have five drafts for this column in the Philippine Daily Inquirer that is but of prestige: two of which are finished, and three are like government projects that did not receive the right budget for their respective implementation. Unfinished. Unfinished. Unfinished. I still continue to make essays for this section though...but I just seem to can't get that push from some authority that would make me finish them all and submit them all to essay writing contests where I can get myself some hefty cash amount, if ever.
See? I have enough reasons as to why I should not join any essay-writing contests anymore. I am mediocre in every sense, and everybody knows that mediocrity is a big crap in the society. That's why I am here, just blogging. It's not an art, nor something cool. It's just blogging.





But you know what? A part of my brain is really pushing me to join.


I am just so fucking weird, I can't even understand my own sentiments.


-----------------

Today is my brother's first birthday. Hur...Ay.

No comments: