Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Deceiving Misfortunes

So as usual, my mom was behind the wheel and I was at the passenger seat. Random songs blared out of the car's stereo as I hummed to the beat and murmured to the lyrics of each melody. And then the cancer song suddenly boomed its way - again. I've been hearing the cancer song so frequently in the past few weeks that the uplifting lyrics are starting to creep through my giant spine. And being a Yo' Mah Niggah Dis Da Ril Shiznit advocate, inspirational lyrics are the last thing I can truly appreciate. Probably because I've been desensitized for my own good, and I have yet to find out where my heart is.

Oh alright. It sort of moved me in a not-so superficial way, you know? It even made me wonder why our own local talents can't even do the same thing; formulate a Filipino song for those who are in dire suffering from their own respective sicknesses. Like for Diabetes, or Tuberculosis, which are the two leading causes of death in the country. That would be really cool and funny. I can just imagine the lyrics in my head right now...'Quit feeding on sugar"..."Your cough is keeping the world awake". God, I should be the one composing the damn songs after all.

------------------

I think I just had my worst Monday and Tuesday in the history of my life, and I'm starting to realize that maybe, just maybe, karma really does exist and she's this fat bitch who snaps up to everybody who blocks her way and other stuff. Now don't get me wrong about writing this hate blog about a certain blockmate who, like the first one I described in an entry I made six typhoons ago, made the biggest mistake of his life (or so it very much seemed to me) by crossing the line and disrespecting me. I hate to break this to all of those people who's planning to deteriorate me like hell with my unpleasant figure because they think I'm cool with everything, but I do have a heart, and a very sensitive one at that. So good luck in finding a fatass who doesn't get hurt with unrelenting fat jokes.

I don't have enough incongruity to narrate what exactly happened last Monday that made me burst in flames. That immature and insensitive blockmate who humiliated me in front of the block with the sickening fat jokes had already apologized and defended himself come Monday night. Yeah, he apologized, sure...but I don't think I can ever forgive somebody who didn't just angered me, but also hurted me in an emotional sense. And to think that I thought he would be a friend among the judgmental crowd of asses, because we got really along during first term. Yeah, he would pop out occassional fat jokes when we used to be seatmates during our ENGLCOM class, but it all was more of teasing than disrespecting, unlike the first blockmate I made a hate blog about.

Well, little DID I know that he was absolutely the same.

Talk about decieving people. I'm finding it ironic that my group of friends in the block would always sit in some corner during our three-hour breaks just to find deceiving students lurking around the university. It's surprising to know that we need not to search for those anymore, because we already have one in the block. That's good to know - I think.

Seriously, I think God could've done a better job as our creator and all by giving us all sensitivity sensors in our asses or something so one would get a good view of a person's feelings right before he would do something so stupid and juvenile. With that, humanity could've been spared with the acerbic feeling of being deeply hurted or something.

ANYWAYS.

Yesterday proved to be more unfortunate than the former. I arrived at home at half-past eight in the evening already, and the only thing I've eaten for the whole day is a pack of biscuits my blockmate gave me.

Because my mother is too busy shaping her ass off at the gym, I get to wait for a decent cab for thirty minutes at Edsa Central, walk to Megamall, and catch a damn cold. I was charged fifty pesos for the FX ride because of the fucking graphing kit, and another fifty pesos for the tricycle.

But the fact that I did it all with an empty stomach? Definitely priceless.

Life is good.

No comments: