Sunday, September 07, 2008

Physics and Love

My physics nerd identity is starting to crawl up again in my spine, creeping through my whole system and forcing me to relate everything with physics, physics, and of course, physics. Well, I kinda forgot for a hefty amount of time that I loved and worshipped physics, and you have to thank lethargy among other things for that. 

I lost physics somewhere in my sleep. And GAH. It's back to destroy my social life - oh sorry, non-existent social life, I mean. It's like time tried to warp me back in my early fourth year high school days but ended up unsuccessful, much to my gratitude. Instead, it just gave me back those old nerdy feelings I had for the world's favorite science. I wish time could just use some thinking for a while, you know? It seems a little bit early for me to be all enthused about gravity bullshits because I will not be getting a dose of Engineering Physics till third term. What a relief, I know. But then again, what the hell am I gonna do with this physics lust?

Oh. I know.

Relate it to...

Love. (*insert your most melodic laugh here*)

Well, if you come to think of it, love and physics are two lines that had always been parallel to each other, and thus never intersected by any chance. It's probably because not all people appreciates the beauty that lies hidden beneath the taunting appeal physics offers, contrary to the way love intoxicates just about everyone. So, here goes nothing.

---------------------------

Love is simply a force. And by definition, force is something that can cause a mass to accelerate. We being the mass, and force being the love...you get the picture. It just gets us all moving in a different way - far more distinct than other natural forces around us. Because it's a vector quantity, wonder no more if you're feeling that you have this great sense of direction all of a sudden. 

Without this force, life is just simply bland. According to Newton's first law of motion, an object will remain in a uniform state of motion, unless of course an external force will be applied to it. Love just gives a whole new meaning to our actions and even our intentions. With love still being the external force, it just makes us go faster, go slower, turn left, or turn right. It's kinda easy to comprehend, really. 

And then there's the third law.

As Newton stated it, 'For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction'. As you love somebody, it reciprocates easily, whether one may like it or not. Most of you might refute this by saying that a lot of budding relationships decline in the end because one is intoxicated, and one isn't. See, that's the thing with love being a force. You have to exert all the love you can give in order to receive the same amount. And in a relationship, it's highly unlikely that person A loves person B more than person B does to person A. I'm no love guru or anything, but as I am associating love with physics, this can be justified by the third law. Just read it again.

-----------------------

Well, that wasn't so bad. 

It just sounds so...geeky. 

And hooray for the 6000th page view!

No comments: