Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Letter to God

Dear God,

As You can see, Your plan to devastate my second term is starting to turn out as a success. I know this is still a part of Your Karma's A Fat Bitch project that unfortunately backfired last term because of my unusual kindness and nonchalantness. And whatever Your other plans may be, I'll support them all, be it about me getting murdered off the street or failing differential calculus. Ah, everybody just have to love Your will.

So God, here are signs that your plan is definitely working out:

1. I just ran out of melatonin. And unfortunately, I have an eight-thirty class later. Oh, and it's not just a class. It's DANCE for Christ's sake. How the hell am I to friggin DANCE with my eyes and brain swelling and begging me to give my whole system a break? I just want to sleep, really. Please, God? Let me sleep just this one night, and I'll rush to the nearest drugstore tomorrow to get myself boxes of Sleepasil. In that way, Your holiness need not to intervene with my sleeping problems anymore.

2. I've known this since that day our block president gave us our respective EAF's: almost all of our classes are to be held only in one room, which is V510. Let me analyze that for You, God. V is for Velasco Hall, 5 is the floor number, and 10 is the room number. Since there exists no elevators in the Velasco Hall and the fifth floor is actually the topmost floor in the said building, that means crawling through a bunch of steps just to attend my classes. Clearly, this may seem to be a chance you've given to me to cut down chunks of fat. You see, if that was the case, then I would have been expressing my untainted gratitude for your support in long-forgotten dream of mine to be slim for once in my life. But I'm evidently complaining. My lungs will bleed out and I would then have to spit it out like a chewed gum.

3. My mind, like my body clock, is still stuck in those so-called term break days. I just can't seem to motivate myself to be interested, consequently making me very hesitant in waking up and going to school. Aw, shit that. Being a Dean's Lister suck like hell. Sure, you get unlimited cuts and absences and other freebies, but then you have to study harder and make it to the damn list again! It's as if you're not allowed to even step a foot out of the DL circle, and well if you do, you'll not be permitted to get in again. Getting good things can suck sometimes.

See, God? You are such a cool and smart organizer. I'm literally begging you now to plan my life way ahead of me. Please, oh Lordy?

Oops, looks like your heaven-sent melatonin is kicking in...

THANKS,
your introverted daughter that you'd love to throw in hell 

2 comments:

Vendetta said...

Lol. Good one. All my frustrated letters to higher powers rarely end with "thanks".

Lorainne said...

nice. :))