Saturday, October 25, 2008

Random

This has got to be the most random day ever - aside from my own birthday and someone's birthday that I clearly do not know, of course. As usual, I woke up extra-late for community service because I spent the previous night making friggin flash cards and arithmetic equations for those kids that I have to share my knowledge to. I would always wake up at 6:30AM, and the call time is 7:30. I don't really have a clue on how I managed to get to the parking lot of Harrison Plaza in an hour's time, given that my house is ridiculously far from Vito Cruz. And there's no way I just suddenly flew or something.

Well, probably God's amazing grace again.

So, as usual, I took a nap in the jeepney for good fifteen minutes because four hours of sleep is already considered inhuman in these days that I'm not really supposed to be stressful and stuff. Yeah, I taught the kids again, blah blah blah. I dozed off again on the way back to Vito Cruz, and quickly retrieved my drawing papers from Chino and climbed up the deadly stairs of the LRT. The prickling heat of the sun is practically melting my whole fatness right in front of the security guard's eyes, and my smell is drenching the whole atmosphere of the train. I wish I'm exaggerating, but I saw some lady's nose wrinkle when I reached for the safety handrail. I get it - I stink.

Carrying my stench in my underarms, I got off at Shaw Blvd. and walked my way from the train station to Megamall under the light rain. I tripped over a big rock and everyone witnessed it. And did I mention that the big rock happened to be on the sidewalk of EDSA? Well, yeah. Even those who are walking in front of me turned back because of the monstrosity they felt. It's as if the earth shook, and they all thought it was a friggin earthquake or something. To all ye people, it was just me.

I instantly bought a snack in one of those stalls in front of the supermarket to ease my hunger that caused my great fall. For some weird reason, my other taste buds seem to be on a vacation and the sour buds are the only ones that are ready for some real munching. Since even my yakisoba that's supposed to taste sweet tasted like sour grapes, I threw it even if there's still half of the meal remaining. Every single snack I bought after spoiled my appetite, so I just went to the FX terminal to go home already since I just can't use up all my money to try and find something that wouldn't taste so sour. I opened the back door and squeezed myself to the far corner of the left seat. The FX was still lacking two passengers, so it idled for a few more minutes. An old man occupied the seat beside me, and a seemingly gay person opened the door to occupy the seat in the middle.

Strange. That gay person reminds me of my fourth grade teacher back in my co-ed elementary school.

He turned his face to the left to give his fare to the the driver. and BAM. Fourth grade teacher.

It was rather the longest FX ride of my life. A part of me wants to greet him and tell him how much he made myself a better person by making me play the star actress role in those plays we used to have back in those fourth grade days. Yet there's still also this other part that wants me to just ignore his knowing stares and stop looking at his direction. I'm just scared that he might blab about my ridiculous weight gain over the 6 years in front of all the other passengers, which will, of course, be just plain humiliating.

I can already hear the hurting words.

Gay Teacher: Lorainne? Grabe naman tinaba mo!
Me: OH SORRY.

It could've been really fun if he could've just ignored my evident fatness and just sit back and listen to what I have done since he last smeared his rainbow to my face.

Gay Teacher: Lorainne? Ano na nangyare sa'yo?
Me: Well, I...

To cut the shit short, I've done a LOT. So let's just leave it there to avoid further swaggering.

No comments: