Thursday, June 19, 2008

Pelikula (Movie)

Our maid is doing a great job pissing my ass off. And yeah, after not showing up for almost a week, that's the only thing I can say that really makes sense and whatnot.

And surely I'm giving you an early warning that this shit is just a shitload of crap about how I truly loathe our maid and Filipino movies. So if you're an advocate of your own helper, then get the hell out. Like, now.

Everytime our maid would see me doing something that seems so important (like sound tripping, or stalking people) with the computer, she would make this irritating and unmatched effort to disturb my soul. She does a lot of things, but let me assure you that the most aggravating thing she'll do is turning on the television, quickly punching the numbers 5 and 6 on the remote, then therefore watching freaking movies till her eyes bleed out. It's bad enough that our computer is very much near our television set, and she would still turn the volume up. I mean, don't get me wrong. I don't mind her turning the television on and whatnot. What I DO mind is the fact that she keeps on watching friggin Pinoy movies that are nowhere near unique.

And as old folks would usually say; as you get older, you're more susceptible to giving an ass about the BIG things. Like the country's movie industry, and my butt.

See, I used to adore Filipino movies back when I was outrageously blind about the incessant essence of every film. But now, you can''t even force me to watch one, unless it has some unique story indie films usually have. I mean, why the hell are the kidnappers always the antagonist in a comedy movie? And why is there always a scene where they dance and lip-synch near the beach or some resort with a bunch of people? I've realized only now how blinded our maid could get. Why can't she even see the continuing trend among these movies? Ayayay.

No wonder the country's film industry is merely dying. As I can see it, it's dying for its own good. People get tired of seeing the usual story, the usual twist, the usual characters, and the usual setting. They think that since the past generations have widely accepted Redford White and Babalu's antics, or Sharon Cuneta and Gabby Concepcion's dramas, the modern progenies would also do the same. That's why they're probably making movies with the same old plot, and consequently killing us all.

Man, I should've trained that maid to watch HBO instead.

------------------------------

No comments: