Monday, June 09, 2008

Morning Train (Eight til God Knows When)

You grab the zipper of your sling bag and try to open it quickly as the security guard inspects your things. After doing so, you walk to the ticket machine and push that stored value card that has been in your sweaty right hand since you got off at the station approximately 2 minutes ago in the ticket slot. As it popped back at the top of the machine, you hurry to go down and get in the train as fast as possible. You know it's already rush hour, and your first class is at 8 AM. As you join the throng of the people waiting for the south bound train to arrive, you caught a glimpse of the time at the station's digital timex clock. 7:10:27 AM. Yeah, you're dead.

When I'm bored in the train, I try to think of some reason why I never get to see these people in front of me ever again. I think there's some rule God invented that strangers in the train are like dog's shit; you don't really want to have it near your body because it's useless and as far as strangers being all strange and whatnot, they're disgusting. Not really THAT disgusting, but you know. I know you know.

And no, I don't really want to see these strangers ever again. I'm just wondering why I never get to see the same strange faces again when I ride the train in the afternoon or the morning after. Ah, the wonder of futile curiosity.

No comments: