Sunday, April 06, 2008

Carpe Diem!

After taking your well-needed bath, you walk out of the wet shower and grab your towel. As you dry your wet hair and body using it, you think of what will happen today at school. The third chapter of your thesis is to be passed today, and the methodology of your investigatory project, too. You vividly remember that today is Tuesday, and as far as your class schedule is concerned, you have Research and Physics in the morning. 'Shit', you mutter as you throw your towel to your bed and rummage your dresser for your underwear. You blankly wear your underwear and at the same avert your eyes towards your closet in search for the second layer of your uniform, which is your pantylet and white sando. Your eyebrows intertwine as the thought of wearing all of these under your black and white checkered skirt and white minimal blouse appears. Maan, they have got be kidding all of you.

As you go out of your room wearing your complete uniform, you cannot help but to think if this will be the same way at this time next year. Your lips curve into a weary smirk as you remember that you won't be wearing this three-layered uniform anymore next year, unless you're an idiot and can't move on from high school, which is far more unlikely than you being a nun or something. You know you won't miss it, because who the hell does, right? You shake your head off as you go down the stairs.

BEEEP BEEEP.

Oh no. Is that the school bus? But you haven't put on your socks yet!

---------------------------------

This summer is going completely to nowhere. No, really. Yeah sure, we'll be going to the beach again tomorrow blah-diddy-blah-blah, but that's already boring me to death. I haven't even done anything to cut some ton or two off my body except for playing badminton before dinner time, which isn't really helpful at all especially if the dinner's quite enticing. Mom wouldn't let me have boxing classes because they're tad expensive. Damn, she wouldn't even let me go back to swimming for fear that people will actually think I'm a walking pig. How sweet of my mom to ruin my sports career. I don't even have one in the beginning, and here she comes destroying the imaginary.

As of now, I don't really know where I'm going to college. I opened my Multiply account a while ago and was astonished by the large number of people who have already scheduled their enrollments in their respective schools. Me? I'll probably end up in my room, pretending I'm Zeus and my bed is Olympus for the rest of my life.

The thought of not going to college does not scare me, even for one bit, which is scarier for a high school graduate. I mean, I'm tired of studying, for the love of God. My brain deserves a goddamn break and I know for sure that a year is the right time span for me to recover my old self. You know, that persona I had before graduation practices and graduation and eventually, summer changed. Crap. I'll give you an overview.

MY OLD SELF
(From June 2007 to February 2008)

- Irritable. Very irritable.
- Laughs insanely at her own jokes
- Longs for a drinking session with her seatmates and friends once in a while.
- Longs for a taste of cigarette before her last year ends
- Applies the numerous laws of Physics every single time
- Computes for the time it will take their car to accelerate over an inconsistent velocity caused by her mom's unpredictability in the choice of routes every morning.
- Adores her Physics teacher more than her Physics notebook. Very notable indeed.
- Unusually nonchalant about the fact that her classmates aren't cleaning the classroom. She was the EFC chair, by the way.
- Hates doing things not related to school
- And with that, she makes up problems of every sort just so she can think of something sensible.
- Does not think of college as an importance
- Does their thesis and investigatory project on her own
- Loves the internet, just like any teeny-bopper person she knows
- Always sleepy, but not that sleepy to not spend her recess and lunch breaks with her friends.

MY NEW SELF
(From March 2008 till now)

- Thesis? Physics? What the fucking hell are those?
- Apathetic. Very very very apathetic.
- Still hates doing stuffs
- Except now that she also hates doing anything related to c-o-l-l-e-g-e
- Kinda hating the information super highway because of its state of being overrated
- Wants to kill all those people who made her look stupid by cleaning the room all by herself for a year. FOR A GODDAMN YEAR.
- Longs for boxing lessons and gym workouts
- In short, she longs for a spankin' new body
- Longs for a social life. How ironic for an introvert, alright.

See the difference? God, I'm feeling such a piggy right now. Not that I'm not a pig before or anything. But I'm pigger, and good luck googling that.

No comments: