Sunday, August 31, 2008

Things Have Changed For Me

Oh. So that's why it's for three hours.

I finally got myself a taste of some ol' college final examination. And for the love of God, it wasn't as tasty as it may seem to be. In fact, it tastes like friggin shit. I should know; I've eaten my own shit before, after all.

So yeah, on the day before the finals on algebra, I slacked off. My brain can't seem to handle any more x's and y's and Christ, it's getting so freaking incessant already. A mentor from Experts told us before that you should never study 24 hours prior to your exam, because that will fuck your head out and make you forget all that you've squished in your frontal lobe. God, that guy should be knighted or something. His rule backed me up when my mom barged into my room and caught me playing with my PSP. Ha! In your face, mom.

The most-awaited day came, and for reasons I have yet to discover, I was nervous as HELL. Well yeah, I know one reason: this is the last chance I have in order to prove myself to my professor that I am, indeed, a budding engineer. I've been failing my algebra seatworks because they're too damn hard, and the only thing that can make up for all of that is the final exam. Unlike those others, I didn't compute for the actual score that I should get in the test. For one, I lost all my seatworks, therefore hindering me to compute properly. And two, I don't like spoiling out the fun, really. I just want to enjoy the test, and thus not be blinded by the fact that I have to get it all perfect or something like that.

The Einstein-level of difficulty of the exam finally gave justice as to why final examinations are three hours long. And I'm not really exaggerating or something, because it was really damn hard. In cases like this, it would be really really fun and convenient to put the blame on the teacher and his way of teaching, among other superficial reasons. But now that I'm in college, blaming others rather than yourself is bullshit. It's like 'Look, there isn't any other person to give the onus to. Your professor have given his all by merely teaching everything in a span of three months. And you..you just sat there and farted - all term long.'

And yeah, it was indeed my fault all along. It's my fault that my brain - amidst the fact that it's being punched about a hundred times a day, thanks to algebra and trigonometry - is still not geared enough to withstand friggin problems and equations that needs to be solved. I wish I'm being sardonic.

Yeah, but I'm awfully not.

My ENGLCOM professor was right. Being mediocre just plain sucks.

---------------------------

After my last exam last Saturday, my blockmates and I went out of the school through the longest way ever, which is passing through SJ. We could've used the north gate instead...sure, but due to the facts that we were all so hyped-up and it was, after all, just half-past 9 in the morning, we walked our adventurous feet out of south gate. So there we were, standing outside, staring at each other and thinking of where to go now.

Charly Brown? Yuck. I read in an issue of Menagerie that they rated this one with a 0.0.
Tropical Hut? No friggin way.
Red Ribbon?

Well, we gave it a try.

It was good. Just...good.

However, my big nose smelled that there was something missing. I don't really know what element it was, but it's as if the fun is not exactly evident without it.

Had a good time though.

So yeah after hanging out with my blockmates, I hurried back to the Metro, stopping at Shangri-la Plaza at Shaw Boulevard to meet my high school friends that I'm missing A LOT. Upon seeing Rica and Ayu, my mind drifted back two years ago, when were still high school kids. We would push each other out till one gets weary as hell, and we would laugh at our Biology teacher's twsited tongue.

Those were simply the days. And those days will never go back, I'm afraid.

No comments: