Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Drewed Coffee

I can't believe I'm making an entry that is so random and fan-girlish, I'm betting that everybody will automatically throw up. And I'm not exaggerating, really.

I hate seeing actors and/or actresses in public because they act as if they're the kings and queens of some country. You guys may call the aforementioned an example of some shitty and hasty generalization, but oh what the hell, just fucking admit it. I once saw a local actor who owns a restaurant in Shangri-La Plaza and I swear to God he just glares so fiery like there's no tomorrow. A security guard asked for his attention, and he firmly turned his head back to the guard and that's how much of an asswipe he truly is. I mean, come on. They're just movie stars. They aren't really allowed to give us some cold treatment that we don't even deserve in the first place because duh, we pay them to entertain us, just like we pay the government to give us back the life God has given us.

And then there's Drew Arrellano.

You're probably a downright nomad if you have no clue who the shit Drew Arrellano is. He graduated from the same university I'm now attending, and I really think that that's the only thing we have in common aside from biological facts like we're both humans, and we're of the same height. He has this big, round eyes barely visible underneath his black-framed eyeglasses. His nose and mouth are as perfect, and I really can atest to the fact that he is really perfect. Well, in a nerdy sense, that is.

But I don't really know why I keep seeing him.

I can remember the first time my eyes feasted on his smarty-pants machoness. It was my birthday, and we were having lunch at The Peninsula Manila in Makati City. When we arrived there, he was nowhere in sight. I was just surprised when Monica nudged my shoulders and asked me if that guy who's seated opposite our table, wearing this blue surfer-type shirt and jeans and looks ridiculously like Drew Arrellano is, ergo, Drew Arrellano. My eyes peered forward in search of some clues, and I quickly replied No, because I don't remember Drew being all tanned and whatever. But then my eyes averted back to him again because he's the only cute guy in the house and it's either I look to him, or at my steak. Both are scrumptous, I know, but Drew is certainly more pleasurable to look at.

And my eyes did that peering thing again and yeah, that cute guy is indeed, the cute Drew Arrellano.

Now barely three months after my birthday, I saw him again. In Libis, Quezon City. Alone.

And if that isn't a sign of something, then this world is just so damned.

No comments: