Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ditching Efforts

Sometimes, you just get tired of doing things you thought will make you happy. Like in my case, doing math stuffs. I kinda pondered on this issue last Thursday as I was waiting for the train to reach Shaw Boulevard, and trust me, it really killed my whole system.

You see, I opine more than you think I do. I don't really know what the hell is up with that, since opining never really was my thing back in high school. And I don't think it's because of the critical thinking and reading topics we had for ENGLCOM, since I don't usually apply what I learn. But for reasons unknown, opining is bugging the shit out of me to quit engineering and start writing. Again. Opining made me realize that I'm wasting every single word I'm mentally annotating every time I pass by Pasay-Rotonda. And I'm complaining everytime I get a huge block in my head when I'm taking all of this opining shit for granted. Man, I should be executed by Michael Crichton.

But the fact of the matter is, as much as I would want to shift to Literature or anywhere else where writing is highly-advocated compared to engineering, I can't. Mom would kill me, for sure.
Any self-respecting human being would, actually. Dad did not just pay sixty thousand pesos for me to quit doing math and start over my college life with essays and stuffs. It all wouldn't just be wasting money, but it's very much proving to people how much of a wuss I am. Nobody would really believe that I shifted to Liberal Arts course just because of my 'calling' to be a writer. They would otherwise think that I failed algebra, and found out later on that I'm numerophobic and nobody can't do anything to cure it. What a sad, sad story.

Well in the end, I guess I just have to cope with this pressure I'm having. I mean, screw writing. I can join the University paper anytime anyway. That'll be like having Literature and engineering at the same time.

I'm SO not sourgraping, fool.

--------------------------------

I just had my first taste of a UAAP game yesterday, and it's all just plain good.

For the first game, UP and UST blasted ULTRA with their fast moves and throws. I was on the UP side, since Monica bribed me to do so. She treated me with a precious lower box ticket, after all. So there I was, cheering with a bunch of people from UP. I'm probably the worst omen, since UP lost by 20+ points to UST. It's alright, I guess. I met new people and saw Nina flirting with her boyfriend at the back of UST's ring. I don't know if that's a good thing, so don't ask me.

It was a DLSU vs. FEU battle for the second game. I told Monica that we can just watch the first quarter, then ditch the whole thing since the game will be really predictable. And so, I cheered for my school and had that adrenalin rush thing going on in my veins. As the sirens blew, signalling the end of the first quarter, we stood up and rushed outside of the arena.

And yeah, we just won. By 11 points. I told you it was so predictable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

passion vs. practicality thingy sucks. :| :| :|

as much as i want to take up fasion designing... :| ENDE PWEDE MEHN. =))))))

goodluck lor lor lor! :> :))

Lorainne said...

It's nice to know that at least someone has the same dilemma.. haha good luck din tsong