Friday, January 04, 2008

Potential School Number 2



I uhh..passed?

Not that I did not like it, or something. It's just that my reaction wasn't as ecstatic as it was when I passed that entrance examination for Mapua. Jesus. I laughed like a megalomaniac the minute that webpage from heaven landed right on monitor. The first cut really is the deepest, and up to this point, I'm still considering Mapua. I must be crazy(well, what the hell is new nowadays anyway? The next thing you might probably know is I'm getting it on with King Kong or my bathroom door.)

Another reason why this isn't much of a big deal is the whole household's response to the not-so-new news. For the first exam that I was able to pass, I actually called all the people living under our roof to go and see for themselves why I was screaming like hell. Being the apathetic that they all are, they just shrugged it off and didn't even congratulate me. Now for passing the DLSU-CET, I even thanked myself for not blurting anything concerned about this to any of my sibling and my mom. My mom 'accidentally' clicked the screenshot that I saved at the desktop and God have mercy on my mom and look at what she said:

Mom: Oh. You passed La Salle.
Me: Um. I guess.
Mom: So that means you have to go there by yourself now.

Now first of all, that's the most blurred-out sentence I've ever heard. I mean, why will I even go there in the first place anyway? Unless I decide to study there, which is nowhere to be found in my to-do list. Secondly, why is she being so apathetic and not even bothering to congratulate me? Oh sure. The daughter her friend's friend who took the exam 2 years ago probably made it look like as easy as wiping someone's shit-filled ass. But please. I know it was that easy and all, but can she just be at least happy that I used all of my brain cells just so I can pass that crap? Damn.

I emailed my dad the same screen shot above exactly ten hours after I saw it in the first time. His reaction made my day.

Dad: Yahoo!!!!! congrats..believe na talaga ako sa iyo :)

See, that's why I like my dad. I know he has bazillions of dollars hidden under his bed up there in Europe that can easily get me into an Ivy of my choice, but he doesn't want to because he is selfish and phony in that way. But at least he's being so supportive of me. I'll probably end up like him when I grow up. You know, be a computer engineer and a European gigolo at the same time. Sweet.

I'm still not enthused. Nevertheless, I'm still thankful that I got myself a second potential school for my collegiate education in five months' time.

ACET results will be out on Saturday, and my fingers are so crossed.

Anyways, congratulations to all those who passed the DLSU-CET too. Animo La Salle, anyone?

No comments: