Thursday, September 14, 2006

Reminiscents and...Hi Elen!

It's more than obvious that I can't sleep due to severe excitement for the releasing of cards tmorrow. It's a natural. I can't stop asking people if they would come tomoorow with their parents to get their cards...and..and..all I got was blank stares.

----------

Ookay...let's reminisce.

I loove reminiscing. It's the answer to the world's questions.

Yes. Look back at your past.

Let me tell you one reminiscent I won't regret reminiscing.

1. When I was still in grade school, I had a boy seatmate. It's pretty much not a big deal, since the chances of me having a boy as my seatmate is pretty high, since there are more boys than girls in my elementary school. And on our first week of being seatmates, we became friends..not just friend friends..but close friends. And on the second week, he began telling me that he wants to tell me something. And everytime I ask what the hell it is, he keeps telling me that I might get mad at him.

Then came that day when he gave me this thick folded paper with my name written on it. I opened it, and read what's in it. And, the next thing I knew, I teared up the paper to pieces and throwed the pieces at his face. He was red as an apple. And you wanna know what was written on the paper?

Honestly, you won't believe it.

"Lorraine,(back then the spelling of my name was double 'r', until later on it was changed to single 'r' and double 'n' because that's the spelling of my name that's officially written on my passport. You should get this by now.) crush kita.....*insert a heart drawn by a 4th grader here*"

Hard to take it, eh? But I'm not joking. Ask the boy himself. His name is Jan Dominic Radovan, and he's now a Junior studying at PCC.

I don't even know what made him feel that something towards me.

Or maybe I do.

Or maybe not.

Because when I was still in 4th grade, I was not fat nor skinny nor chubby nor anything else that I am now.

But I was not a girly-girl. Or maybe I was not even a girl. I was athletic and studious at the same time. I don't do things with girls. Instead, I play kickball with boys. Laugh with them. Study with them. Or even play jackstones with them. How threatening.

I think that was my infamous technique to get close and maybe even closer to one of my crushes. But still.

And here's the grand finale.

After tearing the paper out, I replied to him: "Dun mo ibigay sa mga taga-row 1 yan. ma-aapreciate pa nila!"

Because almost all of the girls was seated on the 1st row, and me, as obviously not a girl, was seated on the 4th row, where nerds and dorks volt in.

That's where I learned and immediately proved that BRAIN really does conquer all.

No comments: