Sunday, April 12, 2009

My Wonderwall

I used to think that people who are deeply in love are just the shallowest of all human beings. I mean, why the hell do you have to sacrifice things for some other person, when you can just enjoy those things on your own without giving them up? It's not being selfish, it's just living your life to its fullest. You sacrifice for yourself, not for others.

Well, those were the days when I was still heavily sourgraping about this boy who broke the shit out of my heart. I thought it was all real, then POOF! He just wanted my you-know-what all along. And since then, I've become such a skeptic when it comes to love. It was all "who needs love when you have Cadbury?", or to be more blatant, "why love when you can just eat?". God, my mantras suck big time. It's no wonder that I keep on getting fatter and fatter every single day. And as my days as a single fatass went by, the more torpid my heart became. I cussed at every romantic scene my eyes would fall into, and would sometimes think that the couples I would see at the train are about to break up. Damn, what a bitter pig.

And then, I met him.

We did not meet in a conventional way, but amidst that, I felt that he's far more different than any of those guys I've met before. It was also good to know that he's not my schoolmate, because for some weird reason, I just don't like the feeling of going out with someone from the same school as I am. It would be pretty boring, really. As days go by, exchanges of text messages became really incessant. There was this one time during the christmas vacation, when we practically just talked until the sun literally showed up outside of our windows. You would've thought that we've already gotten sick of talking to each other about almost everything, but it's as if we still thirsted for more and more and more chances of blabbing and blabbing. I thanked God for finally letting me meet a person that's as talkative as me.  

We made sense out of things that seemed so nonsensical: peeing in the pool, getting stuck in a cubicle of a washroom with no tissue, getting shit stuck in your nails, Pikachu's potential contribution to the MRT and LRT lines, and so on and so forth. We laughed at the most superficial of ideas the world has to offer. He would call me every Friday night and share dead air moments with me and still end up enjoying every single second of it. He would wake himself up at 5am in the morning just to give me missed calls to wake me up for school, even if his classes are in the late morning. Even if he gets to get home early because of his class schedule, he still waits for me in his school until I get dismissed so we can virtually go home together. And after talking to me for technically every minute of the day, he would still miss me. 

And everytime he would hug me, it's as if my heart's gonna break out of my chest any time. 

Now I understand why people choose to sacrifice for the person they love. It's not being blinded by your feelings or emotions, but it's about giving your everything for that person. He makes me feel that I deserve everything he's doing because I helped him change into a better person. I make him feel that he deserves every bit of sacrifice I'm doing because he brings out the best in me like no other can do. 

For you, thank you for coming into my life. You're everythng I've wanted and needed and more. :)

Because maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me
And after all
You're my wonderwall 

No comments: