Monday, October 23, 2006

It's all goooood.

I think I gained 100 pounds this morning. All of that sweaty shiznit walk in Divisoria and Quiapo yesterday didn't really make a physical effect on me, besides the fact that I was as dirty as everyone there.

But anyways, I kinda did enjoy the thing we did yesterday. I think my mom's been avoiding malls because of the bomb threats that are freaking every one of us every hour. Like yesterday, for example. We were supposed to go to Cyberzone in Megamall to buy some iPod needs(read: black earphones because somebody sat on my very cheap and plasticky Apple earphones), but the Abu Sayyaf-bombing-Megamall thing kinda made my mom hysterical for a split second. And that split second made us NOT go to the cheapo mall.

So there. We ended up going to places that you won't see in any other countries except here. Manila's best, I'm tellin' ya. My mom was the only who shopped. Really. Me and our 2 maids just waited outside every shop my mom walks into. A vendor of nuts had almost mistaken me for a store representative, if hadn't look her in the eye. Screw her. But not her nuts. Oh God. Her spicy nuts are the most delicious thing you'll ever taste when you're there.

The twist of it was when we ate at a carinderia in the Divisoria market. At first I was pissed of, because why do we have to eat here anyway when Jolibee's like..10 steps away? But then hunger made that pissing of moment, and I just digged in to that delicious Pancit Malabon, drank the cold softdrink, and enjoyed the native style Halo-Halo. It was Buwan ng Wika all over again. Ha. And at the end, I was pissed of again to find out that our bill was 259 pesos. I sorta expected 50-100 pesos....but..at least I'm full.

---------------------------------

Hmm. Let's see. What can I talk about? I ran out of stupid....

Oh wait. I remembered something.

Oh yes. Last Sunday. YES.

My sister and I went to mass 20 minutes early for us to have a seat inside the church. When the mass had already started, it had hit me that my sister and I was the only ones in the seat we had chosen. Thinking that there was something wrong with our faces, I just ignored it. And after a couple of minutes, 2 animals walked in. Thinking that they would choose the seat opposite to us, I sighed. And then the giraffe asked us if the empty space in our seat was taken. I said no. Thinking that the giraffe would be the only one giving me a headache, I sighed heavily again.

And THEN he walked in. HE, who should be named, but I'm not really sure what's his name was. HE who have been my church crush for the past year.

And HE, who sat beside me asked if the empty space is not really reserved for someone. What a compliment.

I remained nervous and really conscious throughout the mass. I kept moving away from him, for fear that he might do something discriminating for me. But he did something else.

In fact, HE's...nice. He was supposed to hold my hand during Ama Namin. He was already motioning to grab it, but then my sister did something wrong. Really wrong. Really. Wrong. He thought that his hand was dirty and just wiped it to his pocket or something instead.

And the Peace Be with You part. Oh mehn. He uhm. Smiled. He. Smiled. At. Me. Kinda a sarcastic smile which came with a...wink. A Candy wink. haha.

But at least I'm not invisible anymore. At least HE knows I exist.

I'm gonna go hear mass now.

No comments: