Saturday, June 19, 2010

Someday

You're the one that got away.

Yes, I know that.

Yes, I am aware that I may have probably made the dumbest decision of my life; to let you go.

To break free from your love and affection,

To stop this whole nonsense whirlwind of a blind romance,

To let you go.

Yet now, I'm a smarter person.

I know that I'm in love with him, and he's my life.

I know that forever may be such a gargantuan choice of word to describe how much I want him, need him, like him;

But he's all that to me.

And though it would have appeared before that you were my forever, I'm putting a halt to the perennial silence.

You're not, and never will be.

Someday is a blue moon.

And when it appears again, kismet is to decide if it's our time.

But for now, and for as long as time permits us so,

My heart will always be for him, as it really was back then.

Back when I wasn't sure of with you.

Someday.

2 comments:

The Guy With A Big Heart said...

aww. today is a bad day for both of us. :(

The Guy With A Big Heart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.